Around the AFC East: Jets release TE Franks
July, 14, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- BuffaloBills.com's Chris Brown wonders if Terrell Owens can post double-digit touchdown numbers this season.
- The Sporting News' Clifton Brown thinks this is all a moot point if Trent Edwards can't get the ball to T.O. because of a weak line.
- If you just can't get enough of T.O. on TV, the Bills wide receiver will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Thursday night.
- Dolphins guard Donald Thomas isn't sure when he'll return from the torn pectoral he suffered last May, but is planning on being ready for the start of the season.
- Dolphins CEO Mike Dee is going to make a "major announcement" at 2 p.m. Tuesday involving the team's marketing outreach in Southwest Florida.
New England Patriots
- The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss continues his "snapshot" series by looking at the Patriots' running backs.
- Also from Reiss: Breaking down Andrew Brandt's piece in the National Football Post on economics and management in the NFL and how it applies to the Patriots.
- More from Reiss: An updated look at New England's rookie contracts.
New York Jets
- Jets safety Kerry Rhodes chimes in about teammate Calvin Pace's four-game suspension, reports NJ.com's Jenny Vrentas. Rhodes: "You don't really want to talk about it too much, put too much out there as far as how he's doing, but he knows that he didn't do the right thing in that situation. You've just got to be careful what you take, he knows that."
- With Pace out, the Jets need Vernon Gholston to step up in his place, writes the N.Y. Post's Dan Martin.
- The Jets released tight end Bubba Franks on Monday, reports NJ.com's M.A. Mehta. More from Newsday's Rod Boone.