Around the AFC East: T.O's on the prowl
July, 16, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Tickets for Bills night practices on July 28 and Aug. 4 will be available to fans via Ticketmaster this Friday.
- The Buffalo News' TV critic Alan Pergament says Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens is showing his "softer side" in his new VH1 reality show. Says Owens: "I'm 35, I'm single, I'm looking for someone. ... You want a support system outside of your friends and family. ... I'm human. You want to share that love with someone."
- Ex-Bills running back Travis Henry has been sentenced to three years in prison for his involvement in a drug ring.
- Miami practice squad wide receiver Anthony Armstrong's ascension to the NFL wasn't immediate out of college. He worked as a jewelry store clerk and spent a few years in the Arena League before landing on the Fins' practice squad last year. He hopes to make the team this year.
- The Sun-Sentinel's Dave Hyde checks in with Dolphins running back Ricky Williams in his new career as a massage therapist.
New England Patriots
- In today's positional snapshot, the Boston Globe's Mike Reiss looks at tight ends.
- Also from Reiss: Analyzing the Patriots' portion of the Football Outsiders Almanac. Thursday's nugget: "The Patriots might be to quarterbacks what the Broncos were to running backs."
- The Patriots have made several signings in the last few days: Second-round pick Sebastian Vollmer and seventh-round selection Darryl Richard.
New York Jets
- Leon Washington's agent says the contract delay is the team's fault, not Washington's, reports the New York Post.
- Former Jets linebacker Larry Grantham is giving back to the Freedom House, a drug and alcohol treatment center that Grantham, a recovering alcoholic, attended more than a decade ago.
- On Tuesday, the Jets announced to waiting list patrons that there are still thousands of tickets available to 2009 Jets games, according to NorthJersey.com's John Brennan.