Storylines from Chiefs-Dolphins
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- We're a few minutes from kickoff under the South Florida gloaming. Here are a few storylines to follow during tonight's preseason game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins.
This is the third weekend, meaning both teams should use their first-teamers throughout the first half and maybe beyond.
- How does RB Ricky Williams respond to being the feature back for at least the first half? RB Ronnie Brown is out with an injured right thumb.
- Does QB Chad Pennington continue to show progress in learning the Dolphins' system?
- Does WR Ernest Wilford, who could be in jeopardy of not making the 53-man roster, make his presence felt?
- What will OLB Joey Porter look like? He's dealing with multiple injuries that have the Dolphins concerned.
- Can rookie K Dan Carpenter continue to acquit himself since the Dolphins cut proven veteran Jay Feely?
Kansas City Chiefs
- Can Brodie Croyle continue to establish himself as a worthy starter? The Chiefs have scored only 13 points in Croyle's three quarters of preseason work so far.
- Which K will put his best foot forward? Nick Novak and Connor Barth are dueling for the job, and the Chiefs reportedly want to name their guy before the final preseason game.
- Will the reworked defensive line make any noise against a young Dolphins front that includes two rookies? DE Turk McBride is having an impressive preseason, and first-round pick DT Glenn Dorsey is under the microscope.