Around the AFC East: Pats, Jets no spot for Vick
July, 21, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Bills special teams coach Bobby April fields one of the best units in the NFL, says the Buffalo News' Allen Wilson.
- BuffaloBills.com's Chris Brown analyzes whether the Bills will make the playoffs this year.
- The Dolphins scheduled a news conference today and are expected to make a "major announcement" about singer Marc Anthony's possible partnership with the team.
- The Miami Herald's David J. Neal thinks Fins fans don't care about celebrity involvement with the team, they just care about the football.
- The Palm Beach Post's Brian Biggane wonders if the Dolphins' fan experience is up to par with the rest of the league.
New England Patriots
- Can Bill Belichick's famous gray hoodie really be counted as a fashion statement? The Cleveland Plain Dealer ponders the history of the garment.
- The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss is focusing on the linebackers in Tuesday's positional snapshot.
- Several NFL teams may consider signing Michael Vick -- but the Patriots aren't one of them, writes the Providence Journal's Shalise Manza Young.
- The Jets have "no interest" in Vick either, reports the New York Post. More from NJ.com.
- The New York Times' George Bretherton tries to make sense of the contracts given to running backs Leon Washington and Thomas Jones.
- The long-awaited train service to the Meadowlands got a test run on Monday.
- Newsday's Rod Boone is counting down the 11 days to Jets training camp.