Around the AFC East: Sanchez is franchise QB
July, 22, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Bills owner Ralph Wilson expects the team to make the playoffs this season, reports the Buffalo News' Rodney McKissic.
- Also from the Buffalo News: Mike Harrington thinks Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens' VH1 reality show is a "train wreck."
- Former Bills quarterback J.P. Losman officially signed with the Las Vegas franchise of the UFL Tuesday.
- Singer Marc Anthony was formally introduced as a minority owner of the Miami Dolphins Tuesday.
- Anthony wasn't the only musician interested in the team. Jon Bon Jovi reportedly wanted an exclusive deal with the Dolphins, reports the Sun-Sentinel's Sarah Talay.
- The New York Times has another take on Ricky Williams' foray into the world of massage therapy.
New England Patriots
- In a radio interview over the weekend, former Patriots quarterback Drew Bledsoe said taking a back seat to Tom Brady required some "soul searching." Bledsoe: "You know, I think that when you're young and you come in and have some success, you think you're bulletproof to an extent. But you find out fairly quickly that football is a replacement business and that no matter what it is that you've done, you're as good as your last play."
- The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss takes a look at the Patriots' cornerbacks and also gives us some coaching and scouting nuggets. Even more in Reiss' mailbag.
New York Jets