Around the AFC East: Pennington muscles up
August, 3, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
Because of all my traveling and early mornings at the practice field, we haven't done one of these lately. So here goes ...
- New York Times reporter Judy Battista writes about Chad Pennington's increased arm strength.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde marvels at how Pennington attacked offseason conditioning.
- Miami Herald columnist Greg Cote calls Miami the league's most overlooked defending division champ.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson speculates what outside linebacker Matt Roth's absence might mean for the position.
- Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson writes running back Marshawn Lynch is pumped up to practice. Then again, Lynch knows he better get his reps now. He can't even be at the team's facility while he's suspended.
- Pro Football Weekly's Matt Sohn projects big receiving numbers for Lee Evans with Terrell Owens on the field with him.
- Canandaigua Daily Messenger reporter Bryan Sullivan takes a look at what Drayton Florence adds to the secondary.
- John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports the much-hyped debut of "The T.O. Show" on VH1 rated 798th in cable ratings, tying it with a 5 a.m. episode of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" on Nickelodeon.
- Toronto Star columnist Chris Zelkovich reviews "The T.O. Show" and finds his real life much more compelling than his reality life.
- Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper writes backup quarterback Kevin O'Connell isn't worried about the expected arrival of veteran Cleo Lemon.
- Ian R. Rapoport of the Boston Herald takes a look at how new receiver Joey Galloway is fitting in with the offense.
- Shalise Manza Young of the Providence Journal talks to Shawn Springs, the old man of the defense.
- WEEI.com's Christopher Price previews the importance of 2009 for running back Laurence Maroney.
New York Jets
- Darrelle Revis has established himself as an elite cornerback, writes the New York Post's Mark Cannizzaro.
- Newsday's Rod Boone checks on the burgeoning relationship between Revis and newcomer Lito Sheppard.
- You can't break down the Jets' cornerbacks without mentioning Dwight Lowery, so New York Times reporter Greg Bishop weighs in.
- Newark Star-Ledger reporter Dave Hutchison talks with linebacker David Harris about overcoming last year's disappointing season.