Around the AFC East: Jets move on Washington
August, 12, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports the Jets have increased their contract offer to running back Leon Washington.
- New York Post reporter Mark Cannizzaro writes about the Jets' decision to start Kellen Clemens in the preseason opener.
- Like a third-base coach, Newsday's Roderick Boone waves the Jets back home to Hofstra.
- The Bergen Record's J.P. Pelzman looks at the punter battle between Reggie Hodges and T.J. Conley.
- Brian Galliford of BuffaloRumblings.com runs down the Bills' swelling injury list.
- Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson takes a look at the progress second-year tackle Demetrius Bell is making.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana writes Buffalo's no-huddle offense still has some kinks to work out.
- Bryan Sullivan of the Canandaigua Messenger Post checks in with Geoff Hangartner, centerpiece of a revamped O-line.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Brian Biggane peers into the slot to break down the duo of Greg Camarillo and Davone Bess.
- The Miami Herald's Jeff Darlington writes backup quarterback Chad Henne is getting better.
- An anonymously written South Florida Sun-Sentinel notebook has a bunch of items, topped with an update on right guard Donald Thomas' recovery.
New England Patriots
- Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald writes the Patriots are leaving no stone unturned when it comes to looking at veteran free agents.
- Rich Garven of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette previews Tom Brady's likely appearance Thursday night in Philly.
- Boston Globe reporter Mike Reiss notes the offseason work right tackle Nick Kaczur has put in to keep his job.
- Shalise Manza Young calls second-year cornerback Jonathan Wilhite "something of a revelation thus far in this training camp."