Around the AFC East: Will Favre play?
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post writes QB Brett Favre probably won't play in the preseason finale.
- But Jane McManus from the Journal News points out Favre really wants to -- and usually did in Green Bay.
- New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini wants to know where WR Laveranues Coles and RB Thomas Jones have been.
- Newsday reporter Erik Boland addresses the Jets' recurring penalty problems.
- The Newark Star-Ledger's Dave Hutchinson reports CB Justin Miller will be out one to three weeks with a dislocated toe.
- QB J.P. Losman gave Bills fans reason to feel comfortable with Plan B, writes Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News.
This is disconcerting. Of the local papers that cover the Bills, this is the only story or blog written off Sunday night's game. I'm guessing the Toronto media would have produced a few more stories.
- Omar Kelly of the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel gauges QB John Beck's state of mind.
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington explains how the Dolphins intend to crank it up on defense.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson blogs about the impact LB Channing Crowder could make in Zach Thomas' old role.
New England Patriots
- Providence Journal writer Robert Lee wonders if QB Tom Brady will get some preseason snaps before live bullets fly.
- Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald writes the Patriots could be getting into dangerous territory if they think they can flip a switch for the regular season.
- Boston Globe reporter Mike Reiss takes a critical look at the Patriots' special teams.
- Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian wants to know if NT Vince Wilfork has cleaned up his act.