Around the AFC East: Fins start preseason tonight
August, 17, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
- Palm Beach Post reporter Brian Biggane lays out to the top storylines for Monday night's preseason opener.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Ethan J. Skolnick writes the Dolphins defense intends to make the leap from good to great in 2009.
- Miami Herald reporter David J. Neal writes coach Tony Sparano is more interested in consistency than stellar practice play.
- Sun-Sentinel reporter Mike Berardino catches up with rookie linebacker J.D. Folsom, a late-round pick who's starting to feel comfortable.
- How do we know rookie cornerback Ellis Lankster had a big game Saturday night? Three local publications decided it was time to tell us who he is: Buffalo News, Rochester Democrat & Chronicle and Niagara Gazette.
- Buffalo News columnist Bob DiCesare wonders if the Bills will open the season with Roscoe Parrish on their roster.
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun writes the Bills' postseason hopes hinge on Trent Edwards proving this season there's no doubt he's the franchise quarterback.
- Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com reports the Patriots received a fifth-round draft choice from the Denver Broncos for defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith and a seventh-round pick.
- Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe breaks down the deal.
- Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper writes linebacker Tedy Bruschi's "absence from training camp is a reminder that he won't be the heart and soul of the Patriots' defense much longer."
- Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian takes a look at how Joey Galloway is assimilating the Patriots' offense.
- Benjamin Watson's role as the top tight end is in jeopardy, Dan Darcy writes for the Worcester Telegram & Gazette.
New York Jets
- Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times compares the atmospheric change at Jets camp from Eric Mangini to Rex Ryan.
- Newark Star-Ledger reporter Dave Hutchinson checks in with outside linebacker Calvin Pace about making the most of preseason snaps.
- Bergen Record reporter J.P. Pelzman writes about David Clowney's progression as an NFL receiver.