Let's go streaking Monday night
December, 6, 2010
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
With help from ESPN Stats & Information, here are a succession of streaks and trends to get you thoroughly confused as to whether the New York Jets or New England Patriots will win Monday night in Gillette Stadium:
- The Patriots are 5-0 at home this year and have won 14 straight at home.
- The Jets are 5-0 on the road and on a club record eight-game win streak.
- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has won 25 straight regular-season home games, with his last loss coming against the Jets in 2006.
- The Jets have rushed for at least 100 yards every game this year, tying their longest streak to start a season in team history.
- Brady hasn't thrown an interception in 199 attempts and counting, the longest streak of his career.
- Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has thrown at least one interception in six straight games.
- Sanchez is 3-0 against the AFC East this year and hasn't thrown an interception against the division.
- Brady is 12-4 against the Jets, but 1-2 since Rex Ryan took over as head coach.
- The Patriots have won 15 consecutive homes games in December, with their last loss coming to the Jets in 2002.
- The Patriots have not been swept in a season series since the NFL realigned divisions in 2002.