Around the AFC East: Parcells' quiet influence
September, 3, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington writes about the quiet influence Bill Parcells has over the Dolphins.
- Keyshawn Johnson says Parcells is moving farther away from the team as Tony Sparano establishes himself, Palm Beach Post reporter Carlos Frias writes.
- Palm Beach Post columnist Dave George looks at the Dolphins' roster and sees no difficult decisions looming for Thursday night's last preseason game.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Omar Kelly previews roster cuts coming Saturday afternoon.
- The Miami Herald tried to answer the 10 biggest questions facing the Dolphins in 2009.
- Mike Berardino of the Sun-Sentinel takes a look at rookie cornerback Sean Smith's development as a starter.
- Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan weighs in on the Bills' dissatisfaction with Langston Walker as their left tackle.
- Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughan breaks down the roster to highlight position battles entering the preseason finale.
- The Wall Street Journal talks with Terrell Owens about how he gets those abs.
- Lori Chase of TwoBillsDrive.com and Brian Galliford of BuffaloRumblings.com preview the storylines for Thursday night's exhibition against the Detroit Lions.
New England Patriots
- The Shreveport Times reports on the death of John Stephens in a car accident, who was the 1988 Rookie of the Year for the Patriots.
- Boston Herald reporter Ian R. Rapoport takes a look at the Patriots' backup quarterback situation.
- Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe takes a look at the five biggest storylines for Thursday night's preseason finale.
- Providence Journal reporter Shalise Manza Young writes about the players who have one last chance to make their case.
New York Jets
- New York Post columnist George Willis wonders if the Jets will regret not signing Michael Vick.
- Newsday's Bob Glauber puts into perspective the Jets' interest in Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall.
- New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini writes about all the hullabaloo surrounding the Jets and Broncos.
- Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger previews the remaining position battles heading into Thursday night's preseason finale.
- Post reporter Mark Cannizzaro takes a look at how Calvin Pace and Shaun Ellis are preparing for the start of the season, when they will be suspended.