AFC East wire: How far back are Dolphins?
January, 30, 2011
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero examines how close the Dolphins are to catching the Jets or Patriots.
- Dolphins icon Dan Marino isn't ready to give up on Chad Henne yet, writes AOL Fanhouse blogger Andy Kent.
- Buffalo News columnist Bob DiCesare isn't impressed with owner Ralph Wilson's recent backing of top scout Tom Modrak and forecasts doom until the Bills disclose an organizational manifesto.
- For the 20th anniversary of Scott Norwood's field-goal attempt that went wide right in Super Bowl XXV, Syracuse Post-Standard writer Bob Suida explores the depths of his misery as a Bills fan.
- All-Pro guard Logan Mankins tells Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian he can't see himself returning to the Patriots unless he's franchise tagged, and that would upset him.
- Comcast SportsNet New England writer Tom E. Curran is skeptical the Patriots would actually be as interested as Chad Ochocinco suggests.
- Bob Glauber of Newsday writes general manager Mike Tannenbaum "will be among the most proactive executives and the Jets will be well situated for the 2011 season."
- ESPNNewYork.com reporter Rich Cimini outlines a bunch of reasons New Yorkers still should be interested in the Super Bowl.