Around the AFC East: Must-win for Jets already?
September, 2, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Sporting News writer Vinnie Iyer rates the teams that must win their openers, and the Jets are No. 1.
- Newsday writer Erik Boland checks around to gauge how the Jets feel about playing old friend Chad Pennington on Sunday.
- New York Post reporter Mark Cannizzaro writes about the return of special teams coach Mike Westhoff, who has been battling bone cancer.
- Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports the Jets are interested in free-agent S John Lynch.
- The Newark Star-Ledger's Dave Hutchinson takes a tour of the Jets' new headquarters in Florham Park, N.J.
- San Diego Union-Tribune reporter Jerry Magee writes a wistful take for Pro Football Weekly on the Bills' tenuous future in Western New York.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle writer Sal Maiorana explains there are plenty of items to be worried about heading into Sunday's season opener.
- John Wawrow of the Associated Press checks in with CB Ashton Youboty now that roster cuts are over.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde curbs the enthusiasm, telling Dolfans "Let's not get carried away with August's hope."
- Associated Press reporter Steven Wine examines the Dolphins' state of mind as they go about trying to erase a 1-15 season.
- Andy Kent of MiamiDolphins.com lays out the story lines for Sunday's season opener against Brett Favre and the New York Jets.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Ben Volin takes a look at how RB Ricky Williams' extension affects the rest of the backfield.
- The Post's Edgar Thompson writes about Joey Porter's status among other notes.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero notes the Jets have just re-hired a coach who was invited to observe Dolphins training camp up close.
- Boston Herald columnist Steve Buckley doesn't think there's any chance QB Tom Brady won't start Sunday's season opener.
- Associated Press reporter Howard Ulman provides the latest updates on Brady's status.
- Glen Farley of the Quincy Patriot Ledger digests CB Deltha O'Neal's free-agency signing.
- Pro Football Weekly's spies say the Patriots are worried their OL problems will hurt their running game.