Around the AFC East: Jets wilt on Marshall?
September, 8, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini writes the Jets' interest in Brandon Marshall is fading fast.
- New York Post reporter Mark Cannizzaro projects greatness for quarterback Mark Sanchez.
- Newsday's Roderick Boone takes a gander at the significant steps backup quarterback Erik Ainge took in preseason.
- CBSSports.com columnist Ray Ratto gives Turk Schonert some career advice -- for a career that's probably over.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana doesn't see much reason for hope, writing the "2009 standings say the Bills are 0-0, but it sure feels like about 0-6 right now."
- Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson tells us why running back Xavier Omon made the roster while Dominic Rhodes did not.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Mike Berardino notes how loose Tony Sparano is heading into the season opener.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson takes a look at backup tight end Joey Haynos, whose role increased with David Martin's trip to injured reserve.
- Anthony Fasano is turning into an all-around tight end, writes the Miami Herald's Jeff Darlington.
- Boston Herald columnist Ron Borges advises nose tackle Vince Wilfork to hold out unless the Patriots meet a Wednesday deadline for a contract extension.
- Tom Brady tells WEEI that the trade of Richard Seymour to the Oakland Raiders is business and nothing more.
- Boston Globe reporter Monique Walker takes a look at how long snapper Jake Ingram is integrating with the special teams.