Around the AFC East: Jets' first five foes 51-29
September, 11, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Clark Judge of CBSSports.com predicts the Jets will not win more than one of their first five games.
- Newark Star-Ledger reporter Dave Hutchinson writes linebacker Bart Scott is antsy to put his stamp on the Jets' defense.
- Brace yourselves. New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini writes pass-rusher Vernon Gholston is about to start his first game.
- Olean Times-Herald sports editor Chuck Pollock says you shouldn't blame Marv Levy for Buffalo's woes.
- Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson breaks down how the Bills' secondary matches up against the Patriots' aerial attack.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana writes Fred Jackson is ready for his closeup now.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde ponders how the relationship between attention-seeking owner Stephen Ross and low-profile football ops overlord Bill Parcells will work out.
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington addresses the return of pass-rusher Jason Taylor after a one-year hiatus in the NFC.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Carlos Frias writes the Dolphins are being reserved about how they'll use rookie quarterback Pat White.
- Boston Herald reporter Ian R. Rapoport writes Fred Taylor is eager to begin the next chapter of this career Monday night.
- Cornerback Leigh Bodden has gone from 0-16 to a quest for the Super Bowl within nine months, notes Shalise Manza Young of the Providence Journal.
- Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper previews how the Patriots' secondary will try to contain the Bills' receivers.