Around the AFC East: Is the 'go' out of McCargo?
September, 12, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
- Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News reports the Bills are questioning how much DT John McCargo wants to be an NFL regular.
- Buffalo News columnist Bob DiCesare shares the story of Orchard Park native and Bills LB Jon Corto.
- Niagara Gazette columnist Tim Schmitt writes the Bills' youth movement has turned the corner.
- They spell it differently up there, so don't blame David Naylor or the Globe and Mail for writing about Buffalo's defence.
- The Palm Beach Post's Edgar Thompson takes an in-depth look at QB Chad Pennington's infamously suspect right arm.
- Offensive coordinator Dan Henning spoke with reporters for the first time in weeks and was refreshingly candid, writes Miami Herald reporter David J. Neal.
- Harvey Fialkov of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel finds out how the players view defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni.
- MiamiDolphins.com writer Andy Kent looks at what the offense will face in Sunday's game in Arizona.
- Jim McCabe of the Boston Globe weaves a great story about what it's like when an icon who's so intimately tied with one team moves to another.
- Providence Journal columnist Jim Donaldson has a lot of questions about QB Matt Cassel's first NFL start.
- Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy writes that Cassel's journey is a valuable life lesson for everybody.
- Metro News writer Christopher Price writes how much of a difference Pats fans will notice about Brett Favre with the Jets.
- It took five days, but Steve Buckley of the Boston Herald finally gets around to comparing QB Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury with those of other Bostonian sports legends.
New York Jets
- Bergen Record columnist Ian O'Connor provides a must-read account of former Jets WR Wesley Walker's daily pain.
- WR Laveranues Coles is working at his relationship with QB Brett Favre, writes New York Post reporter Mark Cannizzaro.
- New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers revisits the never-ending Spygate story.
- RB CB Dwight Lowery doesn't wear emotions on his sleeve, but he will wear wristbands with long sleeves, writes Greg Bishop of the New York Times.