Around the AFC East: Jets playbook a hot topic
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
Rather than come up with an intro for each one, let's just roll out all the stories about the Jets' play-calling decisions:
And now for something completely different ...
- Jane McManus of the Journal News writes QB Brett Favre has a "deep understanding of what this franchise has been through in the years since Joe Namath introduced the AFL to the big time."
- Favre considers Monday night's game against the Chargers a must-win, writes Mark Hale of the New York Post.
- Newsday reporter Erik Boland takes a look at new P Reggie Hodges.
- Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger writes about LB Bryan Thomas' recommitment to practice.
- You know how giddy Bills fans are feeling when they're buying $175 shots for players, writes Sean Fitz-Gerald of the National Post.
- Associated Press reporter John Wawrow writes WR Lee Evans is closing in on a new contract.
- Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com writes rookie CB Leodis McKelvin will get to show his stuff on kick returns.
- Sal Maiorana of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reports DT Kyle Williams keeps motoring along.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson weighs the possibility rookie QB Chad Henne could take over sooner than expected.
- Miami Herald reporter David J. Neal writes QB Chad Pennington is trying to step up efforts to generate chemistry with his WRs.
- Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel revisits a painful play with S Renaldo Hill.
- Andy Kent of MiamiDolphins.com writes Pennington knows this Patriots defense.
New England Patriots
- Christopher Price of Metro Boston News writes about T Matt Light's glee over not having to face DE Jason Taylor anymore.
- K Stephen Gostkowski's booming leg has helped beyond field goals, writes Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.
- Providence Journal columnist Bill Reynolds uncovers some riveting material on WR Randy Moss.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde wonders how good Bill Belichick will prove to be without Tom Brady.
- Lawrence Eagle-Tribune writer Hector Longo declares DE Richard Seymour "is back."