Around the AFC East: Jets coach raising cane
October, 2, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim GrahamNew York Jets
- Erik Boland of Newsday details how special teams coach Mike Westhoff learned to walk again and made a dramatic return to the NFL.
- New York Post columnist Jay Greenberg looks ahead to the Jets' cupcake schedule after the bye week.
- Newark Star-Ledger reporter M.A. Mehta empties the notebook with items on David Clowney, Darrelle Revis and the growing Mangini clan.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana details how good Trent Edwards has been in the fourth quarter.
- Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan explores the difficult college-to-NFL transition for rookie receivers, namely James Hardy.
- Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News takes a look at new fullback and special-teams maven Corey McIntyre.
- Palm Beach Post columnist Dave George muses on the straight-take express: Joey Porter.
- Brian Biggane of the Palm Beach Post explains how the Dolphins have been protecting the ball.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Harvey Fialkov takes a look at what makes tight end Anthony Fasano so effective.
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington writes about former Dolphins receiver Chris Chambers, who's coming back to town Sunday.
New England Patriots
- The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss takes a look at the relationship between quarterback Matt Cassel and top receiver Randy Moss.
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick responded to Reiss about Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis' tampering accusation.
- Christopher Price of Metro Boston News weighs in on the latest Raiders-Patriots feud.
- Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian checks in with nose tackle Vince Wilfork, who wants to be a Patriot for life.
- Shalise Manza Young of the Providence Journal previews the battle between the Patriots' O-line and the 49ers' defensive front.