Around the AFC East: Brady has surgery
October, 8, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss reports quarterback Tom Brady underwent surgery Monday to fix his injured left knee.
- Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian breaks down the Patriots-Chargers rivalry, which resumes Sunday night.
- Buffalo News reporter provides the no-update update on quarterback Trent Edwards and his concussion.
- Associated Press reporter John Wawrow writes Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Schobel is battling a foot injury.
- Olean Times Herald sports editor Chuck Pollock places blame for Sunday's loss squarely on the defense.
- New York Times columnist William Rhoden says the Wildcat offense is waking gridiron ghosts.
- Miami Herald reporter David J. Neal writes the Dolphins are excited about establishing a more flattering identity.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Brian Biggane compares linebacker Matt Roth to former Dolfan favorite A.J. Duhe.
- Former Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson (of course he does) writes for FoxSports.com that the reason the Wildcat works is because Chad Pennington is no diva quarterback.
New York Jets
- Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports safety Eric Smith's appeal of his suspension and fine has been denied.
- Bergen Record reporter J.P. Pelzman warns the Jets can't afford to look too far along on their soft upcoming schedule.
- Want to see how Brett Favre lives? Or used to? His house in Wisconsin is on the block with a $475,000 asking price. How big of a spread do you think that would buy in the New York area?