<
>

Rex Ryan reminded how the other half lives

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Dick Jauron didn't vault up the latest SportsNation head coach approval ratings as much as he pulled Rex Ryan down with him.

Jauron, despite winning his first divisional game in nine tries with a 16-13 overtime victory over Ryan's downtrodden New York Jets at the Meadowlands, was barely beating out Jim Zorn as the NFL's least-popular coach Wednesday morning.

Jauron was at 13 percent in early balloting, a gigantic improvement over the 4 percent he received each of the past two weeks. But he was one point ahead of Zorn.

ESPN.com's Jeffri Chadiha broke down the five coaches in jeopardy of losing their jobs and has Zorn first on the firing line. Jauron is fourth, behind Wade Phillips and Tom Cable, but ahead of Jeff Fisher.

Back to poll ...

Ryan had a 92 percent approval rating after pushing his team to 3-0 and maintained a respectable 76 percent last week despite back-to-back defeats. But losing to the Bills tore it for Jets fans, who had him at 38 percent Wednesday morning.

Despite a bye, Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano was sixth at 88 percent.

Bill Belichick ranked 10th with an 80 percent approval rating. I guess the other 20 percent didn't think pulverizing the Tennessee Titans by 59 points was enough.