Around the AFC East: Cassel under microscope
October, 16, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian speaks to NFL analysts who break down the possible scenarios facing Matt Cassel.
- Lawrence Eagle-Tribune writer Hector Longo checks off the biggest issues facing the Patriots.
- The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss writes about cornerback Deltha O'Neal's rough night against the Chargers.
- The Patriots practiced without their starting tackles Wednesday, Reiss informs.
- Providence Journal reporter Shalise Manza Young takes a look at how the Patriots match up against the dangerous Broncos passing game.
- Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan writes that Bills quarterback Trent Edwards doesn't intend to flinch against the Chargers.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana puts the failed John McCargo trade in perspective.
- The Bills are trying to brace for the Chargers' potent offense, writes Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News.
- The Miami Herald's David J. Neal writes cornerback Will Allen's participation in the media portion of Wednesday's practice didn't match what appeared on the injury report.
- Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel checks in with the sack-lacking defensive line.
- Andy Kent of MiamiDolphins.com pulls the curtain back even farther on running back Patrick Cobbs.
- Newsday's Bob Glauber figures Bett Favre will have no choice but to return in 2009.
- Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post looks back on Favre's signature game, the Monday night dazzler in Oakland five years ago.
- New York Daily News reporter Ohm Youngmisuk visits with safety Eric Smith about his one-game suspension and $25,000 fine for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Anquan Boldin.
- Greg Bishop of the New York Times finds out what's cooking in nose tackle Kris Jenkins' kitchen.