Pennington jogs gingerly on sore foot
November, 16, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
MIAMI -- I'm getting settled in the Dolphin Stadium press box, but here are a few pregame observations for Sunday afternoon.
- In a rare Saturday injury-report update, the Dolphins added quarterback Chad Pennington because of a foot problem. He's listed as probable.
- Pennington just emerged from the tunnel, and after chatting with Raiders quarterbacks Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo, broke into a jog. Pennington's right foot seems tender. He has a bit of a limp. If he's taped, then the wrap is underneath his sock. No added support is visible.
- Neither Chad Henne nor John Beck seemed to have any added edge while going through their pregame warm-ups.
- A Henne appearance would be intriguing. Not saying that's going to happen, but the 2008 Raiders would be a nice opponent to face in your first full NFL game.
- Disappointing Dolphins rookie guard Shawn Murphy might make his NFL debut -- or at least dress for the first time. The fourth-round draft pick has been buried on the depth chart and a healthy scratch in each of Miami's first nine games.
- The Dolphins on Saturday placed guard Matt McChesney on injured reserve and signed linebacker Rob Ninkovich off the practice squad.