Three AFC East grunts finished with the most votes at their positions in Pro Bowl fan balloting.
The fan vote comprises one-third of the selection process. The coaches and players submit their choices next week. Pro Bowl rosters will be announced Dec. 29.
A rundown of AFC East players who finished in the top five at their positions:
2. Tom Brady, Patriots (801,461)
3. Tony Richardson, Jets (97,722)
4. Sammy Morris, Patriots (92,530)
Comment: Richardson made a late rally, jumping two spots from last week. But Ravens back Le'Ron McClain was way out in front.
3. Randy Moss, Patriots (644,113)
5. Wes Welker, Patriots (461,311)
Comment: Whatever, fans. Welker won't have to worry about being snubbed. The players and coaches will put him in the Pro Bowl.
Comment: Same as last year. No AFC East tight end deserves to be in the top five.
5. Dan Koppen (156,143)
Comment: Jets center Nick Mangold didn't make the top five, but he will make the Pro Bowl roster.
1. Alan Faneca, Jets (306,768)
5. Logan Mankins, Patriots (134,015)
Comment: Faneca appears to be on his way to a ninth straight Pro Bowl.
1. Jake Long, Dolphins (286,482)
4. Matt Light, Patriots (193,554)
Comment: Ex-Patriots star Richard Seymour finished fourth.
1. Vince Wilfork, Patriots (294,798)
Comment: Wilfork finished ahead of Baltimore's Haloti Ngata by more than 7,000 votes.
4. Joey Porter, Dolphins (178,310)
Comment: A disappointing season for the AFC's sack leader in 2008.
3. Jerod Mayo, Patriots (117,780)
3. Darrelle Revis, Jets (272,503)
Comment: Champ Bailey was the people's choice with an insurmountable 443,018 votes.
3. Brandon Meriweather, Patriots (92,066)
Comment: Despite his injury, Troy Polamalu won the popular vote handily.
5. Jairus Byrd, Bills (46,826)
Comment: Byrd, who leads the NFL with nine interceptions, wasn't on the ballot from the beginning because he wasn't a starter when it was drawn up.
3. Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots (110,414)
Comment: Former Patriot Adam Vinatieri hasn't played since October, but finished first without any trouble.
5. Chris Hanson, Patriots (64,624)
Comment: Raiders punter Shane Lechler had more than double Hanson's votes.
4. Wes Welker, Patriots (92,290)
Comment: Joshua Cribbs, who returned two kicks for touchdowns Sunday, made up considerable ground and caught Darren Sproles.
Comment: So there.