Around the AFC East: Late Miami pick making push
August, 1, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
- CB Ashton Youboty is soldiering on despite a rough, sometimes heartbreaking start to his NFL life, writes Sal Maiorana of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle.
- FS Ko Simpson's ankle isn't cooperating with him. He broke it in last year's season opener.
- Rookie WR James Hardy, a big target who might help Lee Evans' production soar, has been limited by a hamstring injury.
- Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel reporter Omar Kelly takes a look at strapping rookie G Donald Thomas, a sixth-rounder working with the first team.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero writes the Dolphins under Bill Parcells is more dictatorship than democracy.
- Rookie head coach Tony Sparano doesn't believe in tackling during team drills.
New England Patriots
- Second-year S Brandon Meriweather is making a strong impression so far in training camp, writes Christopher L. Gasper of the Boston Globe.
- Lawrence Eagle-Tribune reporter Eric Peterson takes a gander at the WR options to compete for behind Randy Moss and Wes Welker.
- Eric McHugh of the Quincy Patriot Ledger thinks camp has been quiet, but not dull enough to provide a slew of observations.
New York Jets