Trend points to Bills victory over 49ers
The Buffalo Bills should improve to 7-5 on Sunday. If they don't, then they'll be the first team all season to lose against an opponent traveling from the Pacific Time Zone to the Eastern Time Zone.
The San Francisco 49ers will visit Ralph Wilson Stadium, and if the trend holds up, the Bills will remain in the AFC East playoff hunt.
Western teams playing with a three-hour time change are 0-14 this year. They average 15.8 points scored and 26.9 points against.
Here's the season-long rundown of teams from the Pacific Time Zone playing with a three-hour differential (the Arizona Cardinals are three hours behind for only part of the season):
- Week 1: Seattle loses at Buffalo, 34-10
- Week 3: Arizona loses at Washington, 24-17
- Week 3: Oakland loses at Buffalo, 24-23
- Week 4: Arizona loses at New York Jets, 56-35
- Week 5: Seattle loses at New York Giants, 44-6
- Week 5: San Diego loses at Miami, 17-10
- Week 7: San Diego loses at Buffalo, 23-14
- Week 7: San Francisco loses at New York Giants, 27-19
- Week 7: Seattle loses at Tampa Bay, 20-10
- Week 8: Arizona loses at Carolina, 27-23
- Week 8: Oakland loses at Baltimore, 29-10
- Week 10: Seattle loses at Miami, 21-19
- Week 11: Oakland loses at Miami, 17-15
- Week 11: San Diego loses at Pittsburgh, 11-10