Monday, June 7, 2010
No division trickier than the AFC East
The NFL Network recently rated the top 10 gadget plays of all-time.
AFC East teams dominated the list. They were involved in over half the plays, pulling off the big stunt in five of them, but getting victimized in the biggest trick of all.
10. Miami Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown unleashes the Wildcat on the New England Patriots in 2008.
8. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady hits Wes Welker on a Statue of Liberty against the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2007 playoffs.
5. Buffalo Bills punter/holder Brian Moorman passes to defensive end Ryan Denney for a touchdown on fake field goal against the Seattle Seahawks in 2008 opener.
3. Dan Marino's fake spike and touchdown toss to Mark Ingram to beat the New York Jets in 1994.
2. Dolphins hook and lateral -- Don Strock passes to Duriel Harris, who pitches to Tony Nathan -- against the San Diego Chargers in 1981 playoffs.
1. Music City Miracle kickoff return -- Lorenzo Neal hands off to Frank Wycheck, who passes across the field to Kevin Dyson -- to stun the Buffalo Bills in their last playoff appearance 10 seasons ago.