1. Jets secondary:Tom Brady had a rougher go against the Jets in Week 2 with Randy Moss on his team and star cornerback Darrelle Revis out of the game. Brady didn't throw Revis' way Monday night, but the Patriots quarterback found plenty of holes to exploit. Cornerback Antonio Cromartie had a bad game covering and tackling. Safety Jim Leonhard already was done for the season, and safety James Ihedigbo was hurt Monday night.
2. Mark Sanchez, Jets quarterback: He went into Monday night 3-0 against the AFC East with eight touchdowns and zero interceptions. So Sanchez had his worst game of the season, completing barely half of his passes and throwing a season-high three interceptions. His 27.8 passer rating was the measliest since throwing five interceptions against the Bills in Week 6 last year.
3. Jets kicking game:Nick Folk has missed at least one field-goal attempt in four straight games and five of his past six games. Steve Weatherford must've been punting cinder blocks Monday. He averaged 30.7 yards, matching the worst game of his career.
New England safety James Sanders collected one of the Patriots' three interceptions on Monday against the Jets.
1. Patriots pass defense: Their numbers are deplorable when it comes to yards and points through the air, but they were awesome Monday and keep coming up with interceptions at big times. They've collected eight interceptions the past three games. They picked off Sanchez three times, two weeks after doing the same to Peyton Manning. The Patriots are tied for second in the NFL with 18 interceptions. Rookie cornerback Devin McCourty has all six of his interceptions in the past seven games.
2. Cameron Wake, Dolphins outside linebacker: Wake padded his sack total with 1.5 against the Browns, putting him in the NFL lead with a dozen. He dropped Jake Delhomme on a second-and-2 play just inside the two-minute warning to help force a punt the Dolphins couldn't capitalize on.
3. Brandon Spikes, Patriots inside linebacker: The rookie snared his first NFL interception at a critical time. The Jets were marching on the opening second-half possession and about to cut into the Patriots' 24-3 lead. On second-and-8 from the Patriots' 9-yard line, Spikes didn't bite on a play-action pass and picked it off at the Patriots' 2-yard line.