Thursday, April 7, 2011
Jordan to Chargers, Giants up in our mock
With the 18th pick in the 2011 AFC East reader mock draft, the San Diego Chargers select ... Cameron Jordan, defensive end, California.
There's a run on defensive ends.
For the third consecutive pick, and the fifth out of the past eight, readers took a collegiate defensive end off the board.
Jordan was another clear-cut selection. No other candidate received more than one vote in our 32-part do-it-yourself draft series, which will be matched up against the final mock drafts compiled by ESPN draft experts Mel Kiper and Todd McShay.
Our first round is filling up ...
- Carolina Panthers: Auburn quarterback Cam Newton
- Denver Broncos: Alabama defensive tackle Marcell Dareus
- Buffalo Bills: Texas A&M outside linebacker Von Miller
- Cincinnati Bengals: Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert
- Arizona Cardinals: Louisiana State cornerback Patrick Peterson
- Cleveland Browns: Georgia receiver A.J. Green
- San Francisco 49ers: Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara
- Tennessee Titans: Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley
- Dallas Cowboys: USC tackle Tyron Smith
- Washington Redskins: Alabama receiver Julio Jones
- Houston Texans: North Carolina defensive end Robert Quinn
- Minnesota Vikings: Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers
- Detroit Lions: Boston College tackle Anthony Castonzo
- St. Louis Rams: Illinois defensive tackle Corey Liuget
- Miami Dolphins: Alabama running back Mark Ingram
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Missouri defensive end Aldon Smith
- New England Patriots: Wisconsin defensive end J.J. Watt
- San Diego Chargers: California defensive end Cameron Jordan
The New York Giants are on the mock clock with the 19th selection.
You know the drill. Vote and discuss in the comments section underneath this article or venture over to my Facebook page if you prefer.
For those who need to freshen up on various team needs or want to peruse Scouts Inc. prospect reports, I recommend visiting ESPN.com's NFL draft page.