Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Carimi to Chiefs; Colts on the mock clock
With the 21st pick in the 2011 AFC East reader mock draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select ... Gabe Carimi, tackle, Wisconsin.
This pick provided a wonderful example about the value of providing a reason for your vote in addition to merely submitting one.
After three of the first five nominations were for Baylor nose tackle Phil Taylor, frequent commenter frankb1031 wrote of the Chiefs:
"they took DT Glenn Dorsey(4 sacks in 3 years) #5 in 2008 and DE Tyson Jackson(1 sack in 2 years) #3 in 2009, they also took a safety in 2010 ... so i think they will take an offensive player in the draft ... Dorsey and Jackson didnt really pan out as top 5 worthy and i think they could use a NT like Phil Taylor or a DE/OLB like Justin Houston or Brooks Reed but i just cant see them having 3 first round picks all on the DLINE ... if they stay at 21 in think they will pick OT GABE CARIMI and he starts right away at RT"
Carimi went on to accumulate the most votes, and frankb1031's explanation probably played a role.
Much thanks to him and all the other regulars who have kept this project running for the past few weeks.
Our mock draft board to date ...
- Carolina Panthers: Auburn quarterback Cam Newton
- Denver Broncos: Alabama defensive tackle Marcell Dareus
- Buffalo Bills: Texas A&M outside linebacker Von Miller
- Cincinnati Bengals: Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert
- Arizona Cardinals: Louisiana State cornerback Patrick Peterson
- Cleveland Browns: Georgia receiver A.J. Green
- San Francisco 49ers: Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara
- Tennessee Titans: Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley
- Dallas Cowboys: USC tackle Tyron Smith
- Washington Redskins: Alabama receiver Julio Jones
- Houston Texans: North Carolina defensive end Robert Quinn
- Minnesota Vikings: Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers
- Detroit Lions: Boston College tackle Anthony Castonzo
- St. Louis Rams: Illinois defensive tackle Corey Liuget
- Miami Dolphins: Alabama running back Mark Ingram
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Missouri defensive end Aldon Smith
- New England Patriots: Wisconsin defensive end J.J. Watt
- San Diego Chargers: California defensive end Cameron Jordan
- New York Giants: Florida center Mike Pouncey
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Purdue defensive end Ryan Kerrigan
- Kansas City Chiefs: Wisconsin tackle Gabe Carimi
The Indianapolis Colts own the 22nd pick and are on the proverbial clock.
Please drop your vote in the comments section below this article or venture over to my Facebook page and leave it beneath the link.