Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Solder to Colts in AFC East reader mock
With the 22nd pick in the 2011 AFC East reader mock draft, the Indianapolis Colts select ... Nate Solder, tackle, Colorado.
In one of the emptiest ballot boxes we've had so far in our 32-part series, Solder edged out Mississippi State tackle Derek Sherrod. At least voters were adamant the Colts needed a tackle to help protect Peyton Manning.
Interestingly, the player who finished third was Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.
Here's our imaginary round so far ...
- Carolina Panthers: Auburn quarterback Cam Newton
- Denver Broncos: Alabama defensive tackle Marcell Dareus
- Buffalo Bills: Texas A&M outside linebacker Von Miller
- Cincinnati Bengals: Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert
- Arizona Cardinals: Louisiana State cornerback Patrick Peterson
- Cleveland Browns: Georgia receiver A.J. Green
- San Francisco 49ers: Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara
- Tennessee Titans: Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley
- Dallas Cowboys: USC tackle Tyron Smith
- Washington Redskins: Alabama receiver Julio Jones
- Houston Texans: North Carolina defensive end Robert Quinn
- Minnesota Vikings: Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers
- Detroit Lions: Boston College tackle Anthony Castonzo
- St. Louis Rams: Illinois defensive tackle Corey Liuget
- Miami Dolphins: Alabama running back Mark Ingram
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Missouri defensive end Aldon Smith
- New England Patriots: Wisconsin defensive end J.J. Watt
- San Diego Chargers: California defensive end Cameron Jordan
- New York Giants: Florida center Mike Pouncey
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Purdue defensive end Ryan Kerrigan
- Kansas City Chiefs: Wisconsin tackle Gabe Carimi
- Indianapolis Colts: Colorado tackle Nate Solder
We're down to the final 10 picks. The Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock with the 23rd selection.
Predict who the Eagles will pick in the comments section beneath this article or beneath the link on my Facebook page.