Wednesday, July 13, 2011
AFC East's best: No. 8 Cameron Wake
The countdown of my top 25 AFC East players continues, one weekday at a time ...
About the choice: In his first full season as an NFL starter, Cameron Wake challenged for the sacks title and was voted a Pro Bowl starter. Wake finished third with 14 sacks. Only six players in Dolphins history have recorded more in a season. The undrafted Canadian Football League import recorded 57 tackles, 21 tackles for losses, 28 quarterback hits and three forced fumbles.
Key fact: Football Outsiders counted 39 hurries for Wake, a close second to St. Louis Rams pass-rusher Chris Long for the NFL lead.
Hint about No. 7: He's one of only two players remaining on the list who didn't play in the Big Ten or the Big East.
- 9. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Jets left tackle
- 10. Santonio Holmes, Jets receiver
- 11. Kyle Williams, Bills defensive tackle
- 12. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins receiver
- 13. David Harris, Jets inside linebacker
- 14. Devin McCourty, Patriots cornerback
- 15. Wes Welker, Patriots receiver
- 16. Karlos Dansby, Dolphins linebacker
- 17. Fred Jackson, Bills running back
- 18. Sebastian Vollmer, Patriots right tackle
- 19. Steve Johnson, Bills receiver
- 20. Vontae Davis, Dolphins cornerback
- 21. Bart Scott, Jets inside linebacker
- 22. Randy Starks, Dolphins defensive lineman
- 23. Dustin Keller, Jets tight end
- 24. Kendall Langford, Dolphins defensive end
- 25. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots tight end