Monday, July 18, 2011
AFC East's best: No. 5 Nick Mangold
The countdown of my top 25 AFC East players continues, one weekday at a time ...
About the choice: Nick Mangold is considered the NFL's best center and anchors one of the most effective offensive lines. He has been selected to the past three Pro Bowls and has been voted first-team All-Pro two seasons in a row. The Jets averaged 148.4 rushing yards a game and amassed the fourth-most ground yards in club history. STATS Inc. has charged Mangold with only eight sacks allowed in his career. Over the past two seasons he has allowed three sacks and committed five penalties.
Key fact: Mangold has started all 87 games, including the postseason, since he entered the league as the 29th overall draft choice in 2006.
Hint about No. 4: He has been to three Pro Bowls.
- 6. Logan Mankins, Patriots left guard
- 7. Jerod Mayo, Patriots inside linebacker
- 8. Cameron Wake, Dolphins outside linebacker
- 9. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Jets left tackle
- 10. Santonio Holmes, Jets receiver
- 11. Kyle Williams, Bills defensive tackle
- 12. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins receiver
- 13. David Harris, Jets inside linebacker
- 14. Devin McCourty, Patriots cornerback
- 15. Wes Welker, Patriots receiver
- 16. Karlos Dansby, Dolphins linebacker
- 17. Fred Jackson, Bills running back
- 18. Sebastian Vollmer, Patriots right tackle
- 19. Steve Johnson, Bills receiver
- 20. Vontae Davis, Dolphins cornerback
- 21. Bart Scott, Jets inside linebacker
- 22. Randy Starks, Dolphins defensive lineman
- 23. Dustin Keller, Jets tight end
- 24. Kendall Langford, Dolphins defensive end
- 25. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots tight end