Saturday, December 12, 2009
Which Heisman finalist for your team?
When you watch the highlights during the buildup for Saturday night's Heisman Trophy presentation, do you find yourself daydreaming about how a particular finalist will look in your favorite team's uniform?
Here are the finalists in the order I would vote for them:
- Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska defensive tackle
- Colt McCoy, Texas quarterback
- Mark Ingram, Alabama running back
- Tim Tebow, Florida quarterback
- Toby Gerhart, Stanford running back
As a reference for how realistic it will be for your team to get any of the above prospects -- Suh won't be landing in the AFC East without a trade -- take a look at the projected draft order for the 20 non-playoff teams based on AccuScore's latest forecasts for each team's win total (prior to Thursday night's game).
The New England Patriots' draft position isn't listed because they're projected to win the AFC East, and new rules slot the teams on when they're eliminated from the postseason.
1. St. Louis Rams
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Detroit Lions
4. Cleveland Browns
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Washington Redskins
7. Buffalo Bills
8. Oakland Raiders
9. Carolina Panthers (traded pick to San Francisco 49ers)
10. Seattle Seahawks
11. Chicago Bears (traded pick to Denver Broncos in Jay Cutler deal)
12. San Francisco 49ers
13. Houston Texans
14. Tennessee Titans
15. New York Jets
16. Miami Dolphins
17. Atlanta Falcons
18. Jacksonville Jaguars
19. Pittsburgh Steelers
20. New York Giants