AFC East: Curtis Palmer
Of the 11 quarterbacks selected in this weekend's draft, the New York Jets took the least-experienced in terms of game action.
Southern California star Mark Sanchez, however, comes from a pro-style offense and has played against a higher-caliber of competition that certainly puts him ahead of prospects like Ball State's Nate Davis or Mike Teel of Rutgers.
USC practices probably are more competitive than games in some conferences.
Former USC quarterback Matt Cassel didn't start a single game and led the New England Patriots to an 11-5 record last year.
But for those interested in games started, here is how this year's quarterbacks ranked:
- Mike Teel, Rutgers (42)
- Pat White, West Virginia (42)
- Curtis Painter, Purdue (41)
- Davis, Ball State (34)
- Tom Brandstater, Fresno State (34)
- Matthew Stafford, Georgia (34)
- Josh Freeman, Kansas State (32)
- Stephen McGhee, Texas A&M (30)
- Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State (29)
- Keith Null, West Texas A&M (26)
- Sanchez, USC (16)