AFC East: Daryl Johnson
August, 15, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Newsday's Bob Glauber catches up with ex-Giants QB Jeff Hostetler, who thinks Brett Favre made a mistake by deciding to play.
- New York Post beat writer Mark Cannizzaro writes Favre's arm fatigue might be overblown -- like everything else about Favre's return.
- New York Daily News reporter Kristie Ackert writes about offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's impressions of Favre.
- Leo Roth of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle writes Thursday night's Toronto exhibition "had all the feel of watching someone date your girlfriend."
- Globe & Mail reporter David Naylor writes about the first date in what could be a long marriage between the Bills and Toronto.
- Toronto Sun columnist Bill Lankhof isn't giddy about the prospect of the Bills moving there permanently: "We are talking about the Bills. Just what this city needs, another team that can find a playoff spot about as often as my wife can find something in her purse."
- Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson breaks down Buffalo's impressive rebound performance against the Steelers.
- Bucky Gleason of the Buffalo News reports the Bills' first-string offensive line played well without Pro Bowl T Jason Peters.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero weighs in on Thursday's brawl at Dolphins camp.
- Despite rumors to the contrary, QB John Beck still is on the roster, writes Palm Beach Post reporter Ben Volin.
- The Dolphins cut three undrafted rookies today, none of them a surprise.
New England Patriots
- Boston Globe scribe Christopher L. Gasper writes about the Patriots' signing of veteran S John Lynch.
- Rookie QB Kevin O'Connell is trying to absorb as much as he can from Tom Brady, writes the Providence Journal's Carolyn Thornton.
- Lawrence Eagle-Tribune reporter Mike McMahon shares the compelling tale of former Boston Patriot CB Daryl Johnson.