AFC East: Derrelle Revis
September, 8, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- 'Nightmare come true' is the headline the Boston' Globe's sports page. Here's Christopher L. Gasper's story about QB Tom Brady's left knee injury.
- Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan writes we shouldn't be shocked Brady got hurt. This is football, after all.
- The Boston Herald's John Tomase writes the Patriots can't win the Super Bowl without Brady.
- Chiefs S Bernard Pollard doesn't think he has anything to be sorry for, Dan Duggan writes for the Boston Herald.
- Providence Journal reporter Robert Lee writes QB Matt Cassel is ready to take over for Brady.
- Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan writes DT Marcus Stroud looked like a difference-maker in Sunday's season-opening victory over the Seahawks.
- The Buffalo News' Bob DiCesare couldn't get RB Marshawn Lynch to talk to him.
- Leo Roth of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle grades the Bills' performance.
- D&C columnist Scott Pitoniak raves about the Bills' special teams, which directly produced two touchdowns and set up another.
- Words can't describe Roscoe Parrish's 65-yard punt return, but Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson gives it a shot.
- Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes the honeymoon is over for the new Dolphins.
- Despite all the preseason excitement, Palm Beach Post columnist Greg Stoda sees the same old Dolphins.
- Greg Cote of the Miami Herald sends out an APB for WRs Ted Ginn, Derek Hagan and Ernest Wilford.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero questions the Dolphins for not going to RBs Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown in the second half.
- Andy Kent of MiamiDolphins.com breaks down the disappointing season opener.
- New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers writes about the AFC East's shift of power with Brady out.
- Daily News reporter Rich Cimini breaks down Brett Favre's first game as a Jet.
- New York Post columnist Mike Vaccaro writes Jets coach Eric Mangini nearly gave away the game.
- Greg A. Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes Favre was the same old Brett in his Jets debut.
- WR Laveranues Coles explains why he didn't speak to reporters for a month, writes Bob Glauber of Newsday
- CB Derrelle Revis was overlooked -- but not overthrown -- in the Jets' victory, Newsday reporter Erik Boland writes.