AFC East: Dustin Dickinson
August, 28, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- New York Daily News writer Rich Cimini suggests pigeons might be landing on Brett Favre tonight.
- New York Post writer Mark Cannizzaro channels Edwin Starr in posing a lyrical question nobody needs an answer to.
- When it comes to not playing tonight, the regulars say "No sweat," writes Erik Boland of Newsday.
- Newark-Star Ledger reporter Dave Hutchinson takes a look at former QB Brad Smith's successful conversion to WR.
- Seventh-round pick Demetrius Bell might be the Bills' lowest-rated player on Madden '09, but he could start at LT tonight, writes John Wawrow of the Associated Press.
- David Briggs of the Buffalo News reports newly signed OL Dustin Dickinson has been getting first-team reps.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana writes QB Trent Edwards still isn't sure if he's going to play in tonight's final exhibition.
- The Buffalo News' Bucky Gleason gets the vibe Edwards won't play.
- Two Bills Drive columnist Lori Chase provides a comprehensive breakdown of the matchups and position battles.
- The South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly offers a compelling read on rookie head coach Tony Sparano.
- Andy Kent of MiamiDolphins.com previews tonight's preseason finale against the Saints.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel reports Miami's starters will play tonight.
- Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington writes rookie QB Chad Henne is getting yelled at a lot.
New England Patriots
- Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News doesn't have the heart to pretend tonight's exhibition is a Super Bowl rematch.
- What should you be paying attention to tonight as the Patriots close out their preseason? Karen Guregian breaks it down in the Boston Herald.
- Guregian checks in with rookie CB Terrence Whatley's NFL progress.
- Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper writes how much better the 2008 draftees have been than their immediate predecessors, most of whom are already gone.
- Gasper also explains how important tonight's game is for a couple dozen guys.