AFC East: Jeff Jagodzinski
There have been a few developments in the New York Jets' coaching search.
So I thought it was a good time to give an update as to where the process stands after one week based strictly on information I'm highly confident is factual. In other words, I'm not going to guess what's going on in Mike Shanahan's head.
- The Jets have received permission from the Indianapolis Colts to interview defensive coordinator Ron Meeks. The interview will take place Friday at the Jets' facility in Florham Park, N.J.
- Meeks is black and would satisify the NFL's "Rooney Rule" that requires teams to interview at least one minority candidate.
- The Jets will interview Arizona Cardinals offensive line coach Russ Grimm on Thursday in the desert. Owner Woody Johnson will be present for his first interview after being out of the country through the first three.
- The first two interviews were Friday with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and offensive line coach Bill Callahan, but Johnson wasn't present. Johnson met with Schottenheimer on Tuesday and will meet with Callahan on Wednesday.
- Johnson has not met with New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who interviewed Saturday.
- The Jets have received permission to interview Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan but haven't scheduled an interview yet.
- Newsday's Erik Boland reports Boston College coach Jeff Jagodzinski interviewed Tuesday. The Jets have declined comment.
- Bill Cowher still is not interested in coaching in 2009.
- Francisco Franco is dead.