AFC East: Marques Tuiasosopo
The play is being called a sack, with Holliday and Porter splitting it. Holliday got there first. Porter then smashed into Russell from behind.
Russell came off the field and headed straight for the bench. He was grabbing for his lower right leg. The Raiders' training staff is taping Russell's right ankle.
Andrew Walter, last week's starter for Oakland, was named the third quarterback before the game.
MIAMI -- I'm getting settled in the Dolphin Stadium press box, but here are a few pregame observations for Sunday afternoon.
- In a rare Saturday injury-report update, the Dolphins added quarterback Chad Pennington because of a foot problem. He's listed as probable.
- Pennington just emerged from the tunnel, and after chatting with Raiders quarterbacks Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo, broke into a jog. Pennington's right foot seems tender. He has a bit of a limp. If he's taped, then the wrap is underneath his sock. No added support is visible.
- Neither Chad Henne nor John Beck seemed to have any added edge while going through their pregame warm-ups.
- A Henne appearance would be intriguing. Not saying that's going to happen, but the 2008 Raiders would be a nice opponent to face in your first full NFL game.
- Disappointing Dolphins rookie guard Shawn Murphy might make his NFL debut -- or at least dress for the first time. The fourth-round draft pick has been buried on the depth chart and a healthy scratch in each of Miami's first nine games.
- The Dolphins on Saturday placed guard Matt McChesney on injured reserve and signed linebacker Rob Ninkovich off the practice squad.