AFC East: Miami Herald
October, 9, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- Providence Journal reporter Shalise Manza Young checks in on cornerback Deltha O'Neal after five weeks with the team.
- Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian writes that Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour has "nothing to say" to Chargers center Nick Hardwick, who called him "cheap and dirty" after the AFC title game.
- Christopher L. Gasper of the Boston Globe detects surging confidence from quarterback Matt Cassel.
- Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughan says working on the run game is a top priority during the Bills' off week.
- Dick Jauron has decided to give his players a four-day weekend for their bye, Gaughan writes.
- USA Today's Larry Weisman writes linebacker Kawika Mitchell is where he wanted to be before he won a Super Bowl ring.
- Dave Staba of Buffalo Artvoice crafts an enjoyable read about Sunday's game and lessons never learned about being late.
- Niagara Gazette sports editor Tim Schmitt wonders how Buffalo's season will turn after the bye week.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Harvey Fialkov looks into the Dolphins' troubles on third down.
- The Palm Beach Post's Carlos Frias examines the contributions of defensive end Vonnie Holliday.
- Edgar Thompson of the Palm Beach Post writes Ted Ginn Jr. said his dad "gave me the whole nine yards" about ducking out of bounds, and that speech sounds appropriate since nine yards is short of a first down.
- Miami Herald reporter David J. Neal takes a look at the Dolphins' revitalized run defense.
- New York Daily News columnist Tim Smith dons his lab coat to gauge that Favre-to-Coles chemistry.
- Erik Boland of Newsday writes Brett Favre's receiver meetings are paying dividends.
- New York Times reporter Greg Bishop notes the Jets still are trying to find the right blend of run and pass.
- The New York Post's Mark Cannizzaro reports Abram Elam is the likely replacement for suspended safety Eric Smith.