AFC East: New England Patrtiots
September, 1, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports the Patriots are entertaining CB Deltha O'Neal at Gillette Stadium.
- Boston Herald writer John Tomase brings up former Patriots CB Ty Law as a worthy addition to the secondary.
- Reiss runs down a busy Sunday in which the WR Randy Moss did a rare interview, all eyes were on QB Tom Brady's footwork and the Patriots cut S John Lynch and WR Chad Jackson.
- Providence Journal reporter Shalise Manza Young predicts possible roster additions with two spots open, and one of them could be re-signing Lynch.
- Manza Young checks in with RB LaMont Jordan now that he's officially a Patriot.
- Bucky Gleason of the Buffalo News takes inventory on the first day of regular-season practice and doesn't see Archibald Leach, Lucille LeSueur or Jason Peters.
- Rookie T Demetrius Bell wants people to wait and see before passing judgment, Gleason writes.
- Olean Times Herald sports editor Chuck Pollock breaks down the decisions that went into the final 53.
- Miami Herald reporter David J. Neal writes about the Dolphins' decision to grant RB Ricky Williams a contract extension and other notes.
- Palm Beach Post columnist Greg Stoda doesn't recognize the Dolphins anymore -- and that's a positive development.
New York Jets
- New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini checks the pulse of the Jets locker room in advance of Sunday's matchup with old friend Chad Pennington and the Dolphins.
- Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post examines the impact of OLB Calvin Pace on the defense.
- Newsday writer Erik Boland takes a look at LBs Kenwin Cummings and Marques Murrell, two apparent long shots who made the team.