AFC East: Stepphen Ross
September, 21, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
A look back at Sunday's action -- and a preview of Monday night's matchup -- through the eyes of the columnists who write about the AFC East.
- Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News called Sunday's victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers "a flicker of promise, a keepsake for beleaguered Bills fans to clutch on to as they contemplate where their team is going and how long it might take to get there."
- Bob DiCesare, also of the Buffalo News, notes that Terrell Owens looks like he's already losing interest in the Bills' offense: "By his languid movement and perfunctory route running, that Owens was, at best, mildly engaged."
- Leo Roth of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle loves what he saw out of Owens, but would like to hear from him after games.
- CBSSports.com's Clark Judge marvels at the Jets, who might be displaying the NFL's best defense.
- New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers observes training camp ay SUNY Cortland forged bonds: "They have shown they have each other's back. They backed up their big-talking coach. They backed up their big-talking free safety."
- Steve Serby from the New York Post takes a look at how Mark Sanchez, aka The Sanchise, helped the Jets knock off the Patriots.
- Newsday's Bob Glauber calls Sunday's victory "a stunning turn of events in a division that now appears wide open."
- Dan Shaughnessy writes for the Boston Globe: "Clearly, these are not the same old Patriots. They are one Leodis McKelvin brain cramp from being 0-2."
- The Providence Journal's Jim Donaldson believes the Patriots are in danger of starting the season 1-3, with the Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens next on the schedule.
- WEEI.com's Christopher Price shares 10 things we learned from the Patriots' loss at the Meadowlands.
- Ron Borges from the Boston Herald recaps all that's going wrong with the Patriots, whom he writes are in "not exactly easily solvable trouble."
- Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel digs around the Bill Parcells coaching tree for a comprehensive look at how the men he developed view him.
- The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero writes that beyond all of the supposed glitz surrounding Monday night's game against the Indianapolis Colts, the most important factor will be how the Dolphins' offensive line performs.
- Palm Beach Post columnist Dave George speaks exclusively with Stephen Ross about the owner's motivations to bring in so many celebrity partners.
BACK TO TOP