AFC North links: Ravens' request
March, 20, 2009
By James Walker | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker
Here are the latest developments Friday in the AFC North:
- A source tells Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun that the Ravens sent a request to the league to not play the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field in primetime. Baltimore was a strong candidate to open the season on the road in Pittsburgh during Week 1 of next season.
- ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli writes the Cincinnati Bengals put a one-year offer sheet on Minnesota Vikings fullback and restricted free agent Naufahu Tahi. The Vikings have seven days to match Cincinnati's offer.
- The Cleveland Browns reportedly have a visit scheduled today for Houston Texans cornerback Damarcus Faggins, according Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.
- Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh-Tribune Review doesn't believe free-agent receiver Torry Holt is an option for the Steelers.
- Also, backup cornerback Anthony Madison signed his one-year tender with the Steelers.