Four starters ruled out for Steelers
October, 7, 2011
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
A look at Friday's injury report and what it means:
- Out: NT Casey Hampton (shoulder), LB James Harrison (eye), LG Chris Kemoeatu (knee), RB Mewelde Moore (ankle), DE Aaron Smith (foot), LB Jason Worilds (quadriceps)
- Questionable: RB Rashard Mendenhall (hamstring), CB Cortez Allen (ankle)
- Probable: QB Ben Roethlisberger (foot)
- Impact: Good news is Roethlisberger will play. Bad new is four starters won't. So try and follow me here ... Hampton will be replaced by either Chris Hoke or Steve McLendon. With Harrison and his backup Worilds out, Lawrence Timmons moves from inside to outside and Larry Foote starts in Timmon's spot. With Smith out and Brett Keisel back, Ziggy Hood starts for the third straight week. With Kemoeatu out, Doug Legursky will start at left guard while Ramon Foster stays at right guard (which had been Legursky's spot). ... As for the Titans, former Steelers S Chris Hope is out. Starting TE Craig Stevens and left guard Leroy Harris are both questionable.
- Doubtful: LB Dontay Moch (foot)
- Questionable: S Jeromy Miles (groin)
- Probable: S Chris Crocker (knee), S Taylor Mays (illness), RT Andre Smith (foot) and LT Andrew Whitworth (non-injury related)
- Impact: It seems like all the good fortune from the upset win over the Bills last Sunday continues for the Bengals, who will have all of their starters available. Remember Bobbie Williams returns from a four-game suspension and could start at right guard, which would boost Cincinnati's run game. ... As for the Jaguars, DE Aaron Kampman (knee) is expected to be held out for another game and is listed as questionable. Backup TE Zach Miller is doubtful.