Halftime: Browns 3, Seahawks 0
October, 23, 2011
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
Thoughts on the Browns-Seahawks at halftime:
- Phil Dawson hit a 52-yard field goal midway through the second quarter (the only score in an ugly first half) after having a 48-yarder blocked. Oniel Cousins got yelled at on the sideline after the Browns' failed field goal.
- The Browns' only score was set up by a strip-and-sack by safety T.J. Ward. It explains why Cleveland's scoring drive was 18 yards on seven plays.
- Cleveland's pass rush remains a major upgrade over last season. The Browns sacked Charlie Whitehurst three times in the first half. Whitehurst doesn't look like an NFL quarterback (and I'm not talking about him needing a haircut).
- The Browns got a break when Seahawks starting running back Marshawn Lynch hurt his back in pre-game warm-ups and was scratched from the game.
- Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy continues to struggle. He was 9-for-18 for 87 yards in the first half. He missed a wide-open Ben Watson on third-and-2.