Ravens Camp Report: Day 15
August, 13, 2014
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Baltimore Ravens training camp:
- If inside linebacker C.J. Mosley wasn't on the team, the most impressive rookie would be defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan. He was disruptive again, finding his way into the backfield. The second-round pick is backing up Haloti Ngata, but the Ravens need to find a way to get him on the field.
- One criticism of third quarterback Keith Wenning has been his arm strength. He is now throwing the ball more decisively and with more pop. There was an intermediate throw to Mike Willie where you could hear the ball hit the wide receiver's hands.
- Wide receiver Deonte Thompson is hurting his chances of making the team with each passing day. He has to be the unofficial leader in drops this training camp. Another one came Wednesday when he let Joe Flacco's 55-yard touchdown pass go through his hands and bounce off his chest.
- The Ravens got through three days without fighting with the San Francisco 49ers. They just couldn't stop fighting amongst themselves. In the Ravens' first workout since the joint practices, linebacker Nicholas DiMarco and center Reggie Stephens got into the biggest altercation. The players wrestled to the ground and then had to be separated by teammates.
- Inside linebacker Arthur Brown has slid down the depth chart since the start of training camp, but he was very active during drills Wednesday. There's no questioning Brown's speed. He often gets lost among the big bodies inside.
- In a rare occurrence, Justin Tucker missed wide right on a 41-yard field goal. He then hit from 46 yards on his next kick.
- In a one-on-one drill in the red zone, undrafted rookie cornerback Sammy Seamster picked off a pass in the end zone. It came against Jacoby Jones, who isn't known for fighting for the ball.
- Schedule: The Ravens have one more practice (Thursday at 11:45 a.m. ET) before ending training camp.
- Injury wire: TE Dennis Pitta (ankle) had his first full practice after missing the previous two days. ... G Ryan Jensen (ankle) and SS Brynden Trawick (back) also returned after missing some time. ... CB Lardarius Webb (back) missed his 13th straight practice. He last practiced July 25. ... CB Asa Jackson (ankle) was sidelined for his third straight practice. ... G Will Rackley (head) remains out ... DE Kapron Lewis-Moore (Achilles) is scheduled to have season-ending surgery by the end of the week. He tweeted out: "Bright side of this that Achilles doesn't take as long as a ACL." ... ... NT Terrence Cody (hip) is on the physically unable to perform list. ... DE Brent Urban (torn ACL) is out for the season.