Friday, May 8, 2009
Live from Ravens camp
By James Walker
Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens open their mandatory minicamp Friday, and similar to the Pittsburgh Steelers last week, the AFC North blog will chronicle every moment.
The full-squad camp will run through Sunday and will be the first time every member will be present since its loss to the Steelers in the AFC title game.
Here are some things I'm interested in this weekend:
- What strides will quarterback Joe Flacco make in his second year?
- Will the defensive scheme have a different look under new coordinator Greg Mattison?
- Who will take the early lead in the race to replace linebacker Bart Scott?
- How will tight end L.J. Smith fit with the offense?
- Will John Beck or Troy Smith take hold of the backup quarterback job?
- Can rookie first-rounder Michael Oher make an early impression in his quest to be the starting right tackle?
- Will any of the four veteran tryouts at receiver catch Baltimore's eye?