Sunday, January 1, 2012
Warm-up: AFC North scenarios
By Jamison Hensley
CINCINNATI -- For your game-day warm-up, here are the scenarios that affect the AFC North teams today:
Ravens clinch AFC North title and a first-round bye if ...
Ravens clinch top seed and home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs if ...
- Baltimore beats Cincinnati
- or Baltimore ties and Pittsburgh loses or ties
- or Pittsburgh loses at Cleveland
- Baltimore wins and New England loses at home to Buffalo
Steelers clinch AFC North title and a first-round bye if ...
- Pittsburgh beats Cleveland and Baltimore loses or ties
- or Pittsburgh ties and Baltimore loses at Cincinnati
Steelers clinch top seed and home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs if ...
- Pittsburgh wins, Baltimore loses or ties and New England loses
Bengals clinch a playoff spot if ...
- Cincinnati beats or ties Baltimore
- or Jets lose at Miami or tie AND Oakland loses to or ties San Diego at home
- or Jets lose or tie AND Denver loses to or ties Kansas City at home
- Cleveland guarantees itself a top-five draft pick with a loss to Pittsburgh
- Cleveland could fall as low as No. 8 with a win