Thursday, April 26, 2012
Draft destination: Cleveland
By Jamison Hensley
BEREA, Ohio -- AFC North headquarters is moving to Lake Erie for all three days of the draft. This is the place to be in the division. The Browns have two first-round picks and three of the first 37 in the draft.
Of course, I will be posting on the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens throughout the draft as well. Keep checking back to the blog for updates, analysis and opinions.
Here are some notes and numbers for the Browns heading into the draft, courtesy of ESPN Stats & Information:
- Total picks: 13 (4th, 22nd, 37th, 67th, 100th, 118th, 139th, 160th, 204th, 205th, 211th, 245th, 247th).
- The 13 picks are most of any team and would be most for Browns since 2000 (13).
- Only one team has made 13 or more picks in a draft since 2005 (2010 Eagles made 13).
- Three 2011 draft picks (defensive tackle Phil Taylor, defensive end Jabaal Sheard, guard Jason Pinkston) started 16 games last season. No other team had more than one.
- The Browns last selected a wide receiver in the first round in 2005 (Braylon Edwards) and last selected a running back in the first round in 2002 (William Green).