Sunday, January 20, 2013
Good morning from New England
By Jamison Hensley
As everyone knows, it's a big day in the AFC North because the Baltimore Ravens play the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game. The last time the Ravens reached the Super Bowl, Ray Lewis was 25 years old. In other words, it's been a long time.
It's not going to be an extremely cold day in New England (at least by New England standards), but it's going to be a windy one. The temperature at game time should be around 36 degrees (wind chill of 25 degrees) with a 20-mph wind.
Here are some facts about the Ravens:
- Fifth consecutive playoff appearance (longest active streak in NFL).
- Ninth playoff appearance (12-7, best postseason win percentage of any franchise).
- Has a 8-5 record in road playoff games (tied for third-most road wins of any franchise).
- Third time as No. 4 seed under current seeding system (lost in wild-card playoffs in 2003, won Super Bowl in 2000).
- Fourth AFC championship appearance (1-2, lost two straight).